So Blayze, Why No Baseball? It's the World Series After All!

Yes, I am a baseball fan. I love baseball. Before I knew what the NFL and NBA was, I watched baseball. I played baseball. As a 5 year old kid, I loved Rickey Henderson and Ryne Sandberg. I had WGN where I lived (Orlando), and watched the Cubs almost daily. They became my team, and the team of fans across the country who didn't have a real home team to root for.

And that's where the problem began.....

You see, I was always conditioned to tune out baseball by the time August rolled around. The NFL was just ready to get going, and the Cubs were usually a good 10-20 games out by that point. So naturally my attention would drift away from America's past time. I am a huge sports fan. I can't really "root" for any teams other then my own. When I was younger I took losing 50 times harder then I do today. I couldn't watch baseball knowing my team was trash.

So I guess that's why I haven't watched one game of the playoffs this year. There was 8 teams in the thing this year. Yet I knew it would be the Phillies vs. the Yankees or Red Sox. I am glad there wasn't a NYY vs. BOS ALCS. Sure, the rivalry is great. Babe Ruth. Yadda yadda yadda. There are four letters that discribe why I can't stand that goddamn rivalry. E, S, P and N. The true Evil Empire. They would shove the thing down our throats until no end. So when the Sox lost I was giddy. But I also knew the Yanks were a shoe in for the World Series, cause the Angels annually run for the hills with their tails between their legs.

That's why I don't have any posts on the World Series. I just don't care. The Yankees or Phillies. Neither team has one ounce of care from me.

But best believe, I will post a lot about baseball in March through July. Because, that's when us Cubs fans give a crap about our losers!

Jonathan Carrano

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments: