2010-2011 NBA Predictions



I was without a computer for the last week or two, so I couldn't do it as in depth as I wanted to. But I at least wanted to throw out predictions for people to come back in six months and talk crap to me about.

I hope everyone enjoys the season. There are a lot of great young studs littered all throughout the NBA. It isn't just about the Heat and Lakers, even though that is who I have playing in the Finals. I mean, I try to be different, but not for the sake of being different. I just can't picture any other NBA Finals match up.

Hopefully we have a 2011-2012 season.

East

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Indiana Pacers
8. New York Knicks

9. Philadelphia 76ers
10. Washington Wizards
11. Charlotte Bobcats
12. New Jersey Nets
13. Detroit Pistons
14. Cleveland Cavaliers
15. Toronto Raptors

Playoffs


Miami Heat over New York Knicks
Chicago Bulls over Milwaukee Bucks
Orlando Magic over Indiana Pacers
Boston Celtics over Atlanta Hawks

Miami Heat over Chicago Bulls
Orlando Magic over Boston Celtics

Miami Heat over Orlando Magic

East thoughts: The East is very top heavy, with the Heat, Magic and Celtics three of the four best teams in the league in my opinion. I really want to pick the Magic to beat the Heat to go to the Finals, but I just can't. I don't believe in Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter as guys who will step up in the playoffs and help Dwight Howard bring their team to the Finals. The first six teams should all be playoffs locks, but those last two spots will be wide open. I think anyone except the Pistons, Cavs and Raptors can contend for the right to get destroyed by the two Florida teams.

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Utah Jazz
4. Oklahoma City Thunder
5. Portland Trail Blazers
6. San Antonio Spurs
7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Houston Rockets

9. Phoenix Suns
10. Memphis Grizzlies
11. Denver Nuggets
12. Los Angeles Clippers
13. Golden St. Warriors
14. Sacramento Kings
15. Minnesota Timberwolves

Playoffs

Los Angeles Lakers over Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City Thunder over Portland Trail Blazers
Dallas Mavericks over New Orleans Hornets
San Antonio Spurs over Utah Jazz

Los Angeles Lakers over Oklahoma City Thunder
Dallas Mavericks over San Antonio Spurs

Los Angeles Lakers over Dallas Mavericks

West thoughts:
I can't seriously consider anyone other then the Lakers. Even though Los Angeles may "only" win 55 games or so with Andrew Bynum's injuries and Kobe Bryant's minute limitation, come playoffs they are easily the best and most complete team. I can't see anyone giving them a challenge. I think the Thunder are one win away from challenging the Lakers, though they might be one year ahead of schedule on that, too. They played the Lakers pretty tough in the playoffs last year. The Mavericks should be a great regular season team, but I like the Jazz and Thunder in the playoffs over the Mavs. Dallas just hasn't been the same since their NBA Finals loss to the Heat. I think the Lakers, Jazz, Thunder and Mavericks are playoff locks, with everyone except the Warriors, Kings, Wolves and probably the Clippers contending for those last four spots.

NBA Finals

Miami Heat over Los Angeles Lakers

Thoughts: I just can't pick any other Finals matchup other then this one. I think people saying the Heat won't win a lot because of chemestry problems are just trying to make excuses, and hate to see this team assembled. The loss of Mike Miller will hurt, but get real, that will cost them one or two regular season wins at the most. The Celtics newly formed big three won a title their first year, I think the Heat will do the same. In the NBA talent wins out at the end of the day, and this team is just too talented. Wade and James are the best NBA duo since Kobe and Shaq, and Bosh is one of the best third options in the NBA since the super teams of the 80's. It should be a good NBA Finals appearance, and it's difficult to predict a winner, but I have the Heat in 6.

Jonathan Carrano

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knicks are going to the Finals, FAGGOT

History repeats itself. 1999 all over again. Get ready, bitchboy.

whattup JC